Few weeks back, I was setting up Android emulator as part of Xamarin development activity. When emulator is launched, the screen was sticking to one side of the emulator and was not uniformly stretched; as shown below:
Though I tried fixing the same by installing and reinstalling different emulators, the issue still persisted. After lot of searching and troubleshooting, I realized that the issue was not with emulator; instead with DPI settings of device that I am using - Surface Book 2.
Here is how you can fix the scaling issue in android emulator in your Surface Book 2 device:
- Launch Task Manager
- Right-click on android emulator -> select open file location
- Right-click on selected emulator exe and select Properties
- Select tab: Compatibility -> select change high DPI settings
- Select override high DPI scaling behaviour
- Now restart your emulator, it works!
Hope this helps.